Volunteers enrich our residents’ lives!
To learn more about volunteer opportunities that would be most fulfilling for you, please contact Sr. Mary Dries, 217-529-5596.
Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Dining room: Assist a resident by carrying his or her meal tray from the buffet to the dining table at breakfast, noon, or suppertime. Pour water, coffee and milk. Clear tables or sweep floor.
- Activities: Assist with bingo, arts and crafts or outings.
- Drive/ride-along: Drive a resident to the doctor or dentist, or ride along in the medi-car with them. Family members who live far away and can't personally drive or accompany their loved one to the doctor depend on volunteers like YOU for this.
- Visit, read, walk: Visit with or read to residents. Take a resident for a walk in the garden.
- Serve: Help at birthday parties, picnics, resident activities, and fundraising events.
- Sewing or crafts: Sew name labels in residents' clothing. Help with craft projects. If you do craft projects at home, you can contribute your handiwork for gifts or fundraising projects.
- Gardening: Mow, rake, plant, or weed the yard. Help put up or take down birdhouses and holiday decorations seasonally.
- Gift shop: Serve as cashier for an hour or two a week.